Green, which is Nature's colour, is restful, soothing, cheerful, and health-giving. - Paul Brunton
The Color Psychology of Green
- Green is a cool color that symbolizes nature and the natural world.
- Green also represents tranquility, good luck, health, and jealousy.
- Researchers have also found that green can improve reading ability. Some students may find that laying a transparent sheet of green paper over reading material increases reading speed and comprehension.
- Green has long been a symbol of fertility and was once the preferred color choice for wedding gowns in the 15th-century. Even today, green M & M's (an American chocolate candy) are said to send a sexual message.
- Green is often used in decorating for its calming effect. For example, guests waiting to appear on television programs often wait in a ?green room? to relax.
- Green is thought to relieve stress and help heal. Those who have a green work environment experience fewer stomachaches.
- Consider how green is used in language: green thumb, green with envy, greenhorn.
How does green make you feel? Do you associate green with certain qualities or situations?