Psychology Experiments and ResearcháMethods
By Kendra Cherry, black-rose-bielefeld.de Guide
- Famous Psychology Experiments
- Psychology Experiment Ideas
- Psychology Research Methods
- Types of Research Used in Psychology
- Recent Psychology Experiments & Research
Famous Psychology Experiments
Psychology is filled with famous examples of fascinating and even down-right odd experiments. Learn more about some of the classic studies and experiments in psychology.
- Pavlov's Dogs: How Ivan Pavlov Discovered Classical Conditioning
- The Little Albert Experiment
- The Asch Conformity Experiments
- Harry Harlow's Social Isolation Experiments
Psychology Experiment Ideas
Do you need to perform your own psychology experiment for a class? Here are just a few great ideas for designing and implementing your own psychology study or experiment.
- Does Using Colored Paper Improve Learning or Performance?
- Student Conformity Experiment
- Does Eating Breakfast Really Improve Learning?
- Short-term Memory Experiment
- Stroop Effect Experiment
- Personality and Musical Preferences Experiment
- Gender and Memory Experiment
- Social Psychology Research and Experiment Topics
- Developmental Psychology Research and Experiment Topics
Psychology Research Methods
In order to perform a psychology experiment and understand your results, it is important know about the basic research methods used in psychology. Learn some of the research terms and put your knowledge to the test.
- Introduction to Research Methods
- How to Conduct a Psychology Experiment
- What Is Reliability?
- What Is Validity?
- Developmental Psychology Experiments
- Social Psychology Research Methods
- Psychology Research Methods Glossary
- Research Methods Quiz
- Research Methods Study Guide
Types of Research Used in Psychology
Before you perform your experiment, start by deciding exactly how you will carry out the research. Will you survey your participants, or will you observe them in their natural environment? Learn more about some of the basic types of research used in psychology before you decide which method is appropriate for your own experiment.
Recent Psychology Experiments & Research
Another great way to learn about psychology research and experiments is to check out some of the most recent studies published in the news. This is a great way to get a better grasp on how researchers go about performing an experiment and to find ideas for your own psychology research.
- Assessing Psychology Research in the News
- Researchers Replicate Milgram's Famous Obedience Experiment
- Want to Explore Virtual Reality? Try Reading a Book
- Experience vs. Material Possessions: What Brings the Greatest Happiness?
- Study Suggests Advice from a Stranger May Be Better Than Your Own Best Guess