What do Natalie Portman, Hugh Hefner and Ted Bundy all have in common? No, this isn't the set up for a bad joke. What these three famous (or infamous) individuals have in common is that they all earned a bachelor's degree in psychology. I recently received an email question from a reader about whether any famous individuals had majored in psychology while in college. The following are just a few well-known individuals who were psychology majors.
- Jerry Bruckheimer (television and movie producer): B.A. in psychology from the University of Arizona
- Wes Craven (film director and writer): B.A. in psychology and education from Wheaton College
- Gloria Estefan (singer and song-writer): B.A. in psychology from the University of Miami
- Hugh Hefner (magazine publisher): B.A. in psychology from the University of Illinois
- Katherine Hepburn (actress): B.S. in psychology from Bryn Mawr College
- Guy Kawasaki (venture capitalist and blogger): B.A. in psychology from Stanford University
- Natalie Portman (actress): B.A. in psychology from Harvard University
- Ted Bundy (serial killer): B.A. in psychology from the University of Washington
- Monica Lewinsky (former White House intern): B.A. in psychology from Lewis and Clark College
- Jon Stewart (political satirist and television host): B.A. in psychology from the College of William and Mary
More About Psychology Degrees
- What Can You Do With a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology?
- 10 Great Reasons to Earn a Psychology a Psychology Degree
- Should You Earn an Online Psychology Degree?
Join About Psychology on Facebook or Follow Me On Twitter