1. Education

Discuss in my forum

Kendra Cherry

Free Online Psychology Courses

By , black-rose-bielefeld.de GuideJanuary 20, 2010

• Facebook
  • Twitter

If you are interested in learning more about psychology but are unable to enroll at a college or university, there are still plenty of great ways to expand your knowledge. In addition to self-study using textbooks and Internet resources, you can also explore free online psychology courses that cover numerous subjects within psychology.

One option is to enroll in our free ten-week Psychology 101 e-course. All lesson materials arrive via e-mail each week, allowing you to explore the resources whenever you choose. The course serves as a great introduction to the basics of psychology and covers a range of topics, including history, memory, intelligence, development, and personality. Be sure to check out the e-course FAQ to find answers to come of the most frequently asked questions about the course.

MIT OpenCourseware offers a wide selection of courses in the brain and cognitive sciences, all of which can be completed online via self-study and do not require registration. If you enjoy learning at your own pace, then don't miss out on this excellent opportunity.

Some courses you might be interested in include:

• Foundations of Cognition
  • Animal Behavior
  • Social Psychology

Comments

March 3, 2010 at 8:13 am
(1)Angelica Ganyasays:

I would like to start your Psychology 101 course online, how do I go about it. I am a Wellness coordinator by profession

April 20, 2010 at 4:42 am
(2)Nomajama Nongwesays:

I would like to start your Psychology 101 course online, how do I go about it.

April 20, 2010 at 12:10 pm
(3)Kendrasays:

Just click this link to the Free Psychology E-Course, and then submit your name and email address.

April 24, 2010 at 9:49 pm
(4)hauwa indimisays:

I think its goin to b great studing pshycology here,I am a young prson. Pshycology has been my dream!

April 27, 2010 at 6:55 pm
(5)Angelica Ganyasays:

I am finding the course extremely helpful in grasping the concept of psychology. Your quizzes and newsletter are stimulating. Thank you.

May 4, 2010 at 3:47 pm
(6)michellesays:

Will I be able to get proof when completing the course?

May 5, 2010 at 1:42 am
(7)Anonymoussays:

How does this work? How come this course is being provided for free and who are doing it? No offense, but as an interested candidate just wanted to make sure its a genuine thing.

May 5, 2010 at 10:22 am
(8)Ashleysays:

Anonymous: I highly doubt that you?ll get any kind of job or degree after doing a 2 month, online course. Psychology is a complex study that will take years of learning from a professional. BUT this course will help you to figure out if this is what you want to do and so you have a little info going into college or university so you wont be completely lost

May 5, 2010 at 4:32 pm
(9)Kendrasays:

You?re exactly right, Ashley! The free e-course is meant to give students an introduction to psychology so that they will be better prepared for high school or college level courses.

The free MIT courses that are linked above are provided by the school as part of their open courseware initiative. Again, none of these courses are for college credit, but rather purely for self-educational purposes.

July 29, 2010 at 11:26 am
(10)sarahsays:

hi i was woundering do u get a certificate when u finish these courses

August 14, 2010 at 2:30 am
(11)Nehasays:

Will I be getting a certificate after the course finishes?

August 17, 2010 at 6:09 am
(12)mary bazy francissays:

Would like to enrol inthe Psychology 101 e-course programe.Kindly furnish info.Thks.Mary.

September 16, 2010 at 3:51 pm
(13)Naren Kashyapsays:

Hi Kendra, Could you kindly let me know if we would get a certificate substantiating our 2 months online course? this would be a good add on for our careers. I work as a Manager in Staff Augmentation and Hiring and a certificate will surely be a value addition for me. Kindly advise. Thanks a many! Regards, Naren

September 24, 2010 at 11:27 pm
(14)FOSTINA Bsays:

is there any certificate at the end of the course providing you pass

October 7, 2010 at 2:54 pm
(15)Courtney VanVessemsays:

I read through the comments, did some research and asked a few people?how do I become enrolled?

November 20, 2010 at 12:27 pm
(16)brittanysays:

i took one psychology course in high school and i always wanted to learn more about it but i didnt want to pay for a degree that i?d never use, thanks kendra! :)

November 23, 2010 at 3:36 am
(17)kim marissays:

hey im way behind in my studies is there an actual due date for work or is it ok?

November 25, 2010 at 5:14 am
(18)waheedasays:

Hi Kendra

Do we receive a certificate at the end of the course?
What kind of assessment is given throughout the course?
I would like to register but please provide me with more info?

Regards

December 9, 2010 at 3:41 am
(19)jithendar singh thakursays:

I would like to start your Psychology 101 course online, how do I go about it.plz help me

January 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm
(20)Beccasays:

Is there an age limit? Do you have to be 18 and older to apply?

January 3, 2011 at 3:07 am
(21)aamirsays:

i love psychology

January 21, 2011 at 7:21 pm
(22)Anonymous2says:

Is this safe? I mean, it?s not just some sort of spam?

February 16, 2011 at 12:48 pm
(23)shravyasays:

can i get cetificate for this course.

will it be useful for further studies

February 20, 2011 at 1:18 pm
(24)Wendy Quayesays:

Hello how are the schedules like daily .Do I get a certificate after the course.what kind of assessment methods do you have.Can i offer to have the lessons at times that i want.How does this whole online course work.How do I get my certificate in my hands after the course as proof.Thanks a lot.

February 20, 2011 at 1:24 pm
(25)wendy quayesays:

Hello
how does this whole online psychology course work .how are your assessment methods like.Can i take the lessons at times that i want.If certificates are given after the course ,how do I get it in my hands what are the daily schedules for lessons.thanks a lot

February 27, 2011 at 2:13 am
(26)parulsays:

i have done my graduation in commerce n now i want 2 pursue pschology as my career is dis course preferable for me??

February 28, 2011 at 8:32 pm
(27)rensays:

is this course really free?

March 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm
(28)abbbbysays:

are there essays and assignments involved?

March 29, 2011 at 2:04 am
(29)alexsays:

i am 13 and am very interested in the way people think about things can i still take the free class

April 11, 2011 at 6:23 pm
(30)Felipesays:

Wow, that?s great! :D

April 17, 2011 at 11:05 pm
(31)Theresa Rsays:

Hello,

I am interested in taking the free online course Psychology 101, I have tried to sign up and it keeps giving me all info about the newsletters, and doesn?t take me directly to the course. Is this legit? PLease advise as I am interested in this course.

April 18, 2011 at 11:39 am
(32)Kendrasays:

Hi Theresa,

Sorry to hear you?re having problems. Just fill out the required fields on this page and then hit the subscribe button: http://psychology.black-rose-bielefeld.de/c/ec/1.htm

Once you have completed this step, you are signed up for the course and you will begin receiving lessons in you email inbox. You can read the Course FAQ to find answers to some common questions about the class: http://psychology.black-rose-bielefeld.de/od/psychology101/f/psychology-101-ecourse-faq.htm

July 1, 2011 at 8:37 am
(33)Emmanuelsays:

Hi??????

i want to be a psychologist???where can i start from. what and what do i need.

looking forward to hear from you

Thanks

August 5, 2011 at 3:59 am
(34)Wesley bacatesays:

do we get a certificate or diploma after the course, if there is can we use it as a credential in Canada?

September 4, 2011 at 10:27 am
(35)Loveleensays:

Can I get the certificate after finishing this course . I need this
Class for nursing.Can I use it as a credential in USA.

September 27, 2011 at 1:43 pm
(36)rihamsays:

i would like to do ths course. will we get certificate after complete ths course? thnk u?

September 27, 2011 at 1:48 pm
(37)riham fazilsays:

i wud lyk to do ths course. wht shl i wnt to do 1st?

October 7, 2011 at 9:33 am
(38)manjusays:

DO WE GET A CERTIFICATE FOR COMPLETING THE COURSE KINLDY ADVISE.

October 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm
(39)Carasays:

i am a young person, and i want to learn more about pschology. how?

November 10, 2011 at 10:58 pm
(40)Lexysays:

Can high school students take this class?

November 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm
(41)eresays:

i was wondering that is this is of free cost.I am very interested in studying pschylogy. but due to some reasons i adopted engineering fiel.I want to study this course.please give a clear idea of how to enroll in this course

November 26, 2011 at 2:25 pm
(42)Vannasays:

I finished my class but can?t get my certificate

January 9, 2012 at 4:48 am
(43)faiqzaiqsays:

hello, i have recently completed this course, it was awesome, but the problem is that I didn?t get my certificate yet, kindly kendre solve this problem so that I have a proof for this course.

January 10, 2012 at 2:13 am
(44)faiqzaiqsays:

hello kendra thank you so much, I?m really very happy because I got my e-course certificate.
Dear Kendra , I have another request please send me complete description of psychological disorders if you have, because in your list of psychological disorder there is a brief material.

January 23, 2012 at 5:42 pm
(45)adekoya kolaposays:

i will like to take ur free 9-week Psychology 101 e-course. specialising on social psychology?..thanx

March 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm
(46)lakshasays:

hi i want to learn psychology. i want to the requirements and procedure details for online course

March 22, 2012 at 1:00 pm
(47)Boniface Charlessays:

Hi Kendra,

I need to know wheather I will acquire credits for the Free online courses, which can then be transfered towards my degree.

Thanks.

March 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(48)Kendrasays:

No, the course is not for college credit. You can find more answers to commonly asked questions about the class on the E-Course FAQ page: http://psychology.black-rose-bielefeld.de/od/psychology101/f/psychology-101-ecourse-faq.htm

March 31, 2012 at 8:01 am
(49)DR.J.K.LAHAREYsays:

hi

thanks & regarded
DR.J.K.LAHAREY
general physician & dietician
korba
mo-9425548383

May 15, 2012 at 6:29 am
(50)OKAH ALANG SAMPSONsays:

I am a secondary school teacher of Mathematics and desires to increase my curriculum vitae by taking on Psychology. I wish you help and clarify me on the following issues.
1- At what level do I enter
2- What wil be the cost of the study for me to get a certificate in Psychology

May 23, 2012 at 2:05 pm
(51)Ajayi Esther Omolabakesays:

i think this is really nice.well done.i?d like to join .i don?t know how to,but i?ll really like to take the psychology 101.please kendra,how can i do it.

June 5, 2012 at 8:27 pm
(52)Gen Perfectosays:

Hi, I?m a stay-at-home-mom and I would like to study more on child psychology. Will this help me too? Thanks!

June 18, 2012 at 7:06 am
(53)Alisays:

I am a Civil Engineer by Profession and want to continue my career as a Industrial and Organizational; Psychologist for that purpose I am planning to do my Masters in I/O, in that case I have to do some foundation courses to get admission or not? Please guide.

June 30, 2012 at 10:36 am
(54)Thomassays:

How does one earn the Cerificate?

July 5, 2012 at 4:36 am
(55)Sabeen Jilanisays:

I wanna ask that I?m just 16 so am I valid for this course?

July 13, 2012 at 2:53 am
(56)shivanisays:

i want to learn so pl guide me i am 18

July 14, 2012 at 7:42 am
(57)Sushilsays:

When am I going to receive my first lesson after signing up?

July 16, 2012 at 4:42 pm
(58)tigersays:

Kendra,
You still have not answered the numerous counts of one question asked:
Will anyone get a certificate or any thing that records their participation in this psychology course?

July 16, 2012 at 11:13 pm
(59)Kendrasays:

Yes, there is a printable certificate of completion offered at the end of the course. As I mentioned in the post and repeatedly in the comments, please read the official course FAQ where all of these questions and more are answered: http://psychology.black-rose-bielefeld.de/od/psychology101/f/psychology-101-ecourse-faq.htm

July 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm
(60)Munisays:

Hi Karen

I was interested in pursuing a bachelors degree in psychology. I currently have a associates in early childhood education as well as completed many classes that are elective. My biggest challenge is the fees to complete a bachelors degree. My preference is online. Please advise how I may be able to or which university college would be the least expensive
I do not mind feedback from others
Muni

July 25, 2012 at 11:22 pm
(61)Dawnsays:

Are the Animal Behavior courses still offered? Could you recommend a college that offers online courses geared toward Psych/Animal Behavior?

Thanks,
Dawn

July 26, 2012 at 6:11 am
(62)MANEENDRAsays:

yeah really thak u KENDRA,
i have completed my electronic engineering in diploma level. is it possible to me? pls send details

July 26, 2012 at 10:12 pm
(63)fadwa bakrisays:

Dear. Kindra?
I? m from sudan ?
First of all wanna thank u for ur replying and for the usefull informations.
Second.. I ? v a. Bussines administration bachelors degree? And I? m a volentier on training students ( ages from 15-17 yrs),about differnt life skills n mainly how to choose their life professions?so I need to know how to deal and influence on them?so I? m interesting in psychology cause it will helps me to acheive my life goals?so could u advice me which online cources or degrees shall I need?
Best regards
Fadwa bakri.

October 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(64)Akintundesays:

Hi, I have passion for psychology, so as to understand and cope with the problems of students. Is this course can assist me a little bit?

October 6, 2012 at 1:25 pm
(65)Anushyasays:

Hi,
i am a housewife and a mother of 3 yr old daughter, i have done my MBA in finance but i am interested to work as marriage counselor where i can meet different people. i worked as territory manager for few months before wedding. kindly suggest me whether i can opt for psychology

October 31, 2012 at 7:31 am
(66)Debbie Marshsays:

Id like to enrol, how do I go about it?

November 1, 2012 at 11:41 pm
(67)Jacobsays:

Is this course really free? Where is the catch??

November 2, 2012 at 8:09 am
(68)NAYABsays:

I WANT A FREE ONLINE CERTIFACATE COURSE,PLEASE KINDLY GUIDE ME ABOUT THE REGISTRATION AND OTHER THINGS.I HAVE ALSO DONE M.SC PSYCHOLOGY

November 14, 2012 at 8:02 am
(69)nisarsays:

Where is the catch?

November 14, 2012 at 8:05 am
(70)nisarsays:

how should i join with this kindly inform me please

November 17, 2012 at 11:22 am
(71)Michaelsays:

Just to gain more knowledge on Psychology free course its ok?

But, you cannot prove yourself you have completed your course in Psychology so not able to say a word on Psychology at all and you are no way accepted for a Psychologist job if you ever found one.

Those who already have a Degree in Psychology and just want more free ideas and knowledge ?Free Psychology is not bad its Fantastic for those who just want to advance forward?I have glanced at all the courses offered free but never started one till date because I know I will not get a Certificate so I rather pay and study one from a repute college that I will be recognized with a Certificate after completion of my Psychology.

November 18, 2012 at 6:05 am
(72)amreensays:

i found this site very helpful, i did the course of 101 psychology but sorry to say i could not get the certificate.

December 4, 2012 at 5:01 am
(73)swaibatul husainsays:

Pls help me to enrol

December 10, 2012 at 5:50 am
(74)OGBOLU CYRILsays:

THANKS A LOT FOR THE INTRO TO PSYCHOLOGY, IT HAS BEEN REALLY HELPFUL.

December 20, 2012 at 9:24 am
(75)chris ragansays:

thank you, i am 32, an engineering tradesperson interested in studying and starting a new journey in life.your web site is refreshing change to give something for free.psychology is on my list of interests and your web site will defiantly help me answer the question is this for me .
again thank you

December 24, 2012 at 5:14 am
(76)suzanesays:

cn i knw hw to aply to ths course

January 13, 2021 at 4:45 am
(77)BillyHunt77says:

G?day Kendra, everyone?.
I am not a psychologist?. I am just wondering how many of you contemplating/actively enrolled/completed this course are Scorpios ?????

January 13, 2021 at 4:51 am
(78)BillyHunt77says:

And how?s that, BillyHunt77 gets the 77th comment, coincidence? Probably not?.
Understanding people/animals is one thing, but understanding the Universe is just mind boggling!!!!

February 6, 2021 at 9:16 pm
(79)Dr.blaise79says:

Amazing! Another synchronistic event Billyhunt! I got post 79!!

February 8, 2021 at 6:40 pm
(80)Jessicasays:

I?m in highschool right now and I want to learn the basics of psychology before studying it in university. However I can?t keep up with this with my school work. Do I need to do assignments and upload tests or can I just learn from the lessons?

February 12, 2021 at 12:07 am
(81)Vishakasays:

Would like to know that whether these courses are certified? I want to do Masters in Psychology with the certificate, i need your advice in this matter.

March 5, 2021 at 4:58 pm
(82)Gilliansays:

is the online psychology course free? im a volunteer at the citizens advice bureau and i feel that this would be a great thing to have when dealing with the public.

March 19, 2021 at 4:12 am
(83)gzeesays:

hi
i am interested in studying child psychology> i presently work with a preschool with children aged 2 ? 4. this will be an opportunity to learn more on how best to work children.

March 19, 2021 at 4:15 am
(84)gzeesays:

hi
i am interested in studying child psychology> i presently work with a

May 1, 2021 at 12:35 am
(85)rais gulfamsays:

i wan?t to start your psychology 101 course what should i do?
please suggest me.