I'm always interested in finding new ways to learn quickly and efficiently. It's important to get the most educational value out of my time as possible. However, retention, recall and transfer are also critical. I need to be able to accurately remember the information I learn, recall it at a later time and utilize it effectively in a wide variety of situations.
I've written before about some of the best ways to improve memory. Basic tips such as improving focus, avoiding cram sessions and structuring your study time are a good place to start, but there are even more lessons from psychology that can dramatically improve your learning efficiency.
Learn more in this article on how you can become a more effective learner.
Poll: What's your favorite learning/study strategy?
- Quizzing yourself on what you've studied
- Using techniques suited to your individual learning style
- Linking new information to things you already know
- Teaching new concepts to another person
- Rehearsal and memorization
- View Results
Bookmark This: del.icio.us | StumbleUpon